Good News! Japan’s government announced the plan to relax the border controls from early September. To find out more, please click here
As of August 24, 2022
As of June 6, 2022
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ENTERING JAPAN
FOR ISH2022 KYOTO
New Entry of foreign nationals
Based on the New Border Measures (29), from June 10, 2022, foreign nationals who apply for new entry into Japan based on
either of the following categories (1), (2 or (3) below are regarded as those with “special exceptional circumstances” and are
allowed for new entry into Japan in principle, if the receiving organizations (the Japanese Society of Hypertension for ISH2022
Kyoto) complete prescribed applications in the Entrants, Returnees Follow-up System (ERFS).
(1) Foreign nationals newly entering Japan for a short-term stay (less than three months) for purposes including business and employment (continued from March 1)
(2) Foreign nationals newly entering Japan for a short-term stay for tourism (only when a travel agency among others organizing the trip serves as the receiving organization of the entrants) (start from June10) (New ！ )
(3) Foreign nationals newly entering Japan for a long-term stay (continued from March 1)
For further information of the New Border Measures (29), please refer to“Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel” page.
Currently, all foreign nationals who wish to newly enter Japan need to apply for a visa except for those with re-entry permit.
(1) A certificate for completion of Registration to the ERFS system obtained by a receiving organization (The Japanese Society of Hypertension for ISH2022 Kyoto) through online application
(2) Please submit the registration completion certificate together with other visa application documents according to the purpose of your visit.
(Please refer to “Application for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel” page for more details).
Quarantine measures: Review on the on-arrival COVID-19 test and the home quarantine period after entry into Japan (New!)
From 0:00 am (JST) on June 1, 2022, based on the New Border Measures (28), on-arrival test, self-quarantine period and place of accommodation after entry into Japan may be changed according to the grouping (“Red” , “Yellow” and “Blue” categories) of the countries/regions in which the entrants stayed within 14 days before the day of return to Japan or the day of application for landing on Japan and whether they obtain a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
|On-arrival Test||Quarantine period and other measures after entry into Japan|
|Red||No||Required||3-day quarantine at a specific facility designated by the chief of the quarantine station (+negative test result (PCR test) at the facility)|
|Yellow||No||Required||3-day home quarantine + negative result of a voluntary test
7-day home quarantine without test
|Blue||No||Not Required||Home quarantine and other measures are not required|
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan